A B C Drawing (Adult Beginners Class) ALEX DOWNES
A B C DRAWING (Adult Beginners Class) ALEX DOWNES
Come and enjoy a glass of wine and some relaxing music while you get creative
Line, shape, texture and colour can be expressed in a variety of ways
- Line drawing, contour & negative shapes
- 3 D shapes and shading techniques
- Oil pastel, pencil & crayon techniques
- Life drawing and still life
* INITIAL REQUIREMENTS:
PENCILS – HB B 2B 4B 6B 8B PUTTY RUBBER & A3 DRAWING PAD
Water soluble COLOURED PENCILS (Aquarelle).
PENTEL OIL PASTELS
1 Sheet of SUGAR PAPER (Deep Pink A3 size)
*All materials available at ARTSAUCE or BRUSH & CANVAS
7 (14 hours)
Dates and times:
Thursday evenings 18h15 to 20h15
21 October to 2 December 2021
YOU WILL COMPLETE A NEW PROJECT EACH WEEK
BOOKING EARLY IS ESSENTIAL!!
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE
All enquiries and bookings: firstname.lastname@example.org
072 242 0266 / 021 689 3966
ABC Painting (Adult Beginners Class) Acrylics & Oils - ALEX DOWNES
A B C PAINTING (Adult Beginners Class)
ACRYLICS & OILS ALEX DOWNES
Come and enjoy a glass of wine and some relaxing music while you get creative
YOU WILL WORK ON 3 PAINTINGS: LANDSCAPE, PORTRAIT & STILL LIFE
THE FIRST SESSION WILL TEACH colour mixing and the beginning of your landscape using complimentary colours
Experiment & learn using a variety of painting techniques
Explore colour mixing, composition, mixed media etc.
*INITIAL REQUIREMENTS …
No 5, No 10, No 18 flat brushes
No 6 & No 10 Acrylic soft pointed brush
Tubes of acrylic paint: deep rose, red, mid-yellow, ultramarine, burnt sienna, burnt umber, yellow ochre, orange, leaf green, Naples yellow, Payne’s grey & white & and any other colours that you may wish to add.
3 x Canvas ( first session 600x400mm & after that you may buy a size of your choice)
1st lesson – 2 x photocopies of Van Gogh landscapes showing background, mid ground & foreground ( i.e. mountains, fields, trees etc.) We will crop and use these to learn composition, perspective and brush strokes.
ALL MATERIALS AVAILABLE AT “ARTSAUCE” Roeland Street, or BRUSH & VANVAS, Belvedere Centre
DAY AND TIMES: WEDNESDAY EVENINGS 18.15 -20.45
DATES: 20 October to 1 December 2021
GIFT VOUCHERS AVAILABLE
All enquiries and bookings: email@example.com 072 242 0266 / 021 689 3966
Botanical Drawing & Art (Beginners Class) - ELNA LUBBE
BOTANICAL DRAWING & ART ELNA LUBBE
You will learn to do detailed botanical drawing from plants and flowers created by careful observation and the practice of pencil drawing skills and shading techniques. Watercolour techniques will follow, of which some exercises will be more spontaneous in application. This introductory course will prepare you to work on your own after completion, or you can choose to continue with the intermediate course.
These classes will be suitable for anyone who loves nature and would like to create botanical art in a peaceful environment.
Students will be encouraged to work in the style that becomes their own and to create vibrant, realistic drawings.
- All plant specimens will be supplied throughout the course.
- Pencils in h, hb, 3b, 4b, 6b and sharpener.
- Water colour brush shape and sizes: round, 0 and 2 and a cheap synthetic mixing brush.
- Water colours: Cotmans watercolour tubes, Lemon Yellow, Permanent Rose, Intense blue (pthalo blue) and Sap green, or if you have good quality watercolours of your own, bring those.
- 1 X Paint well or a plastic ice cube tray +- 8 -10 wells for colour mixing.
- 1 X A3 multi-media sketch pad (or water colour pad, Hot pressed, smooth, 350gsm) or individual sheets as we progress.
- 1 X Sketch pad.
Days and times: Wednesdays: 18h55 – 20h55
Dates: 2021 TBC
Enquiries & Booking: Elna Lubbe
Cell: 082 784 2678
NOTE: Intermediate learners also welcome!
Classes in Oil Painting - DEON LIEBENBERG
CLASSES IN OIL PAINTING DEON LIEBENBERG
- Individual tuition in a small group, with Covid protocol strictly adhered to.
- Beginners to advanced.
- Thorough grounding in oil painting technique, colour theory, tonal modelling, composition, expression, abstraction, and the use of subject-matter and concepts.
- Students are encouraged to develop their own style and vision – one that is a true expression of their experience and perception of the world they live in. To this end the course is tailored and adapted to the individual requirements of each student.
DAYS & TIMES: Thursdays: 19h00 – 21h00
DATES: 20th May to 8th July 2021
CONTACT: Deon Liebenberg: 082 726 0722 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deon Liebenberg has lectured in colour, painting, drawing, life drawing and related fine art subjects at the Cape Peninsula University of Technology from 1984 to 2016. He has also done short spells as a visiting lecturer at Stellenbosch University’s Department of Fine Art.
- He is also active as a research fellow at CPUT, regularly publishing articles in academic journals, both local and international, on art history and theory, architecture, and on myth.
- He has had a number of solo exhibitions of his paintings, as well as taking part in group exhibitions.
Experimental Art - ANNA SHNEOR
EXPERIMENTAL ART ( For adults at all levels! )
Discover the magic of creativity through exciting experimental art classes. Classes will include painting on garments, creating designer sushi pillows, furniture surface painting, contemporary embroidery & collage using a wide range of techniques and materials.
Requirements: An urge to discover, experiment & create!
Materials will be provided for the first 2 classes
Lesson 1 and 2: Designer sushi pillows (Experimental pillow shapes with paint and modern embroidery)
Lesson 3 and 4: Designer garments (Create your own designer shirt that you can wear with pride.)
Lesson 5, 6 and 7: Furniture surface painting (Transform your plain coffee table into a masterpiece using experimental paint techniques and collage )
DAY AND TIMES: TUESDAY MORNINGS 9:00 – 12:00
PRICE: R 1000
CONTACT: Anna Shneor : 076 2838277
More about Anna Shneor: www.facebook.com/AnnaShneorArt/
Mini Introduction To Art Therapy - ANGELA RACKSTRAW
This is a 6 hour workshop, where you will discover more about Art Therapy. It will be experientially based, but will also involve some discussion and information sharing. This workshop will be especially relevant to Grade 12 learners and others thinking of exploring Art Therapy as a possible career. Or you could be wishing to enrich your creative process or journey, or perhaps you are a counsellor or therapist wishing to understand a little more about art-making in a therapeutic space.
Dates will be finalised once there is a waiting list of at least 5 people. The workshop will take place on a Friday or during the school holidays. These will be repeated as necessary.
For all enquiries, please contact Angela Rackstraw, an (HPCSA registered) Art Therapist with over 20 years of experience and a passion for teaching. Angela often teaches on the Art Therapy training programme in Cork, Ireland and regularly supervises foreign Art Therapy interns here in Cape Town as part of their clinical training
Enquiries & Booking: Angela Rackstraw
021 6839654 or fax: 0866722896
Oil Painting Class - ANNE FOALE
OIL PAINTING CLASS ANNE FOALE
“There is an energy in the creative process that can uplift, unify and give an experience of wholeness”
Whether you are a beginner, an artist who has lagged on the same creative plateau for years or simply deserve the space and time to paint, you will be most welcome to join my oil painting workshops. The course includes the study of line, form, pattern, composition and perspective together with sound oil painting technique and the theory of colour.
I will advise you on which canvas, paint and brushes to purchase.
THURSDAYS: 19h00 – 21h00
DATES: 19 May – 7 July 2021
Bookings and Enquiries:
Anne Foale – sms: 076 374 4255 / email: email@example.com
Pre-school, Primary teachers & Mothers, art enrichment course - MAVIS FOALE
PRE SCHOOL, PRIMARY TEACHERS & MOTHERS ART ENRICHMENT COURSE MAVIS FOALE
Teachers and mothers have a tremendous responsibility to establish a positive learning environment in which creativity and individuality thrive.
This art programme will inspire enthusiastic and dedicated teaching with exciting lessons, many different media and techniques.
Through slides on the development stages of Child Art, the theory of colour and practical application, participants will be challenged to nurture the seeds of creativity in their schools and homes and grow as artists themselves.
The six evenings include gauche, tempera paint, watercolour, clay, drawings in pencil and charcoal, mono printing, oil pastel and collage sessions.
TUESDAY: 19h00 – 21h00
DATES: 2021 TBC
Enquiries and bookings: Mavis 021 689 3819 firstname.lastname@example.org
Wellness Group - DEBBIE BUB
WELLNESS GROUP DEBBIE BUB
- Do you spend most of your time sitting at home because you are feeling down and have low energy?
- Do you often feel anxious and isolate yourself from other people?
- Have you stopped doing the activities that you used to enjoy and are struggling in your life roles?
- Are you wanting to expand and enrich your experience of yourself and your life?
- Come and join a weekly therapeutic group that offers opportunities to create, engage, socialise and share.
- DAYS AND TIMES: Thursdays 10h00 – 12h00DATES: 13 May – 8 July 2021
- PRICE: R330 per lesson
Sessions are facilitated by a registered occupational therapist. Fees can be claimed from your medical aid.
Enquiries and bookings: Debbie Bub: 079 239 3134 email@example.com
Do you spend most of your time sitting at home because you are feeling down and have low energy?
Do you often feel anxious and isolate yourself from other people
Our Adult Education programme is run by teachers and facilitators independent of the Peter Clarke Art Centre.
The teachers/facilitators rent the rooms from the Art Centre and we accept their application to run courses from this venue, provided that the courses fit into a broad Arts category.
Some courses are experimental because we like to give new teachers/facilitators a chance to add variety to our courses.
Please note the following applies to participants in this programme:
- All photocopies are R1.00 per page (A4)
- Your course teacher/facilitator is responsible for providing refreshments during courses.
- Please do not use the tea/coffee belonging to PCAC.
- Please do not use equipment like paper, paints, brushes, scissors, etc. in the classrooms, as these are used by our children and come off the PCAC budget.
- We unfortunately do not have storage facilities for work in progress.
- Please recycle all paper and card, but other rubbish is to be thrown into a normal bin.
- PLEASE LEAVE THE CLASSROOM AS YOU FOUND IT.
We hope you will benefit from the courses offered by our Adult Education programmes.
Please view the workshops available and contact the course organiser to secure your place.